Mac app store keeps telling me to update twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" Macbook Pro
Every time that I open the app store it tells me that there is an update for twitter. If I let it download and install it the update available notification goes away, but only until I restart the app store, Then it tells me again that there is an update for twitter. I have completely removed and reinstalled twitter through the app store and it's still doing this. Anyone know of a way to fix this? Thanx

MCV

Reaction score
Same problem...

I have the same problem. Googled it, found this thread, and came here hoping to find an answer -- or at least some conversation on the matter. What a letdown. Where is everyone?? A month and a half and not one person can at least chime in?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It doesn't seem to be a common problem at all which is probably why no one has said anything.

Try deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Reaction score
I ran into this thread via Google and for me it was because I copied an app from my friends MBP. This caused the Mac App Store to look for updates using whatever account he was using to purchase that app and Twitter would pop up. So far after I deleted the app via AppCleaner, there hasn't been any updates showing up.

Hope this helps.

-NeshyD

Reaction score
Easy fix: delete your pirated version of angry birds (the one you pirated using the _CodeSignature and _MASReceipt of Twitter).

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I uninstalled twitter and the app store and i still have the same update. when i click "update" it says its done but the "1" still appears on the store icon.
anyone got a working solution?

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I uninstalled twitter and the app store and i still have the same update. when i click "update" it says its done but the "1" still appears on the store icon.
anyone got a working solution?

As I said, delete your pirated app store applications.

Reaction score
That worked, thanks!

I took Feahnor's advice and the accursed badge has finally gone away.

I was, uh, researching...uh...something about...uh software vulnerability, something something.

Anyways, thanks for the sage advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.