Macbook or Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Hey guys, my first post here :D

Just wanted some opinions from you fellow mac users, whether the macbook pro base model is worth the extra 200 bucks vs the white macbook.

There are a number of things that attracts me to getting the macbook pro
1) Build quality and durability
2) Backlit keyboard
3) Nicer screen
4) Much lighter than my current laptop
5) Overall design

If there are any other opinions on why you chose the macbook pro over the regular macbook, please state why! As I am very interested in seeing my options.

I was just wondering if it was worth the extra bucks as 200 bucks more isnt entirely much relative to the price of the systems. It might sound like I'm convincing myself that its worth the extra cash, but for only 200 more, I get a brighter screen, a backlit keyboard and an overall better built machine. I just wanted some second thoughts.

Thanks in advance guys. Sorry if this post is too long :p

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" (2010), 4GB ram, 320GB HDD
There's more standard RAM and a firewire port on the Macbook Pro. To me it's just a nicer machine than the macbook, if the extra money isn't exactly a problem then I would for sure go for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 inch 4GB Mem i7 500GB Harddrive
macbook pro

definitely the pro, i got one for x-mas and compared it to my friends macbook not only do they look better but they perform better to. so if money is no object definitely the pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Honestly, I think Apple tripped up with the pricing points & what's offered between these two machines...I love them both, I see no sense in buying a new macbook over a new base macbook pro. Go with the Pro for sure if you can afford it, you're getting more for your money and the difference is just so darn small in the long run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.