Kernel Panic?

N

Naji

I have been really frustrated by what seems to be called a 'Kernel Panic' on my PowerMac G5.

I just turned on my Mac this morning, and after the grey screen with the apple, and the blue screen with the blue loading bar and the white box thingy, I get the 'Kernel Panic' message. It says something like 'You must now restart your computer' and it says it in 4 different languages or so. I restart my Mac and the same thing goes on over and over again.

I have had a look at support sites and I can't seem to find something that works.

When I try to reinstall (or Archive and Install, as it is called) my OS X, it ultimately comes to an error which says 'Error whilst installing Mac OS X' or something similar, and it tells me to restart my computer.

What do I do?

This is really frustrating and it seems like I have actually got nothing which can help me.

My Mac runs on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Thanks for any help in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
have U added more ram lately?

OP
S

swazzie

I have recently encountered this same problem which I have traced (as close as I can tell ) to a security update for 10.3.9 and a corrolating quicktime update at or around 16 may 2006 .Anyone else experiencing this. I run an iMac G4 power pc . No new software or hardware changes. thanx also for any feedback.swaZZie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.