thinking about getting a pb but...please help

S

sonadora335

I'm thinking about getting a new powerbook for college. I don't have credit so I'm actually going to have to buy it under my mom or my sister's name . We want to use apple credit, but we are wondering, How hard is it to get approved for credit there? My sister's credit is good but she doesn't work (she's 25 and goes to college) , so I don't know if that will affect anything, and my mom works but her credit isn't as good as my sister's.

what do you guys recommend I do? Also, if i went to an apple store, can they give me the custom powerbook I want the same day, or is it better to order it online? How long does it take to get it from the apple site, because I'm moving in 11 days.

any help would be greatly appreciated :) , thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm really struggling making the switch from PC to mac, but I know it's going to be worth it...

Thanks!

OP
B

brianwithan eye

When I orderd my powerbook I got it within 5 days, but Ive seen numbers alot higher than that on this and other forums, its really based on too many factors for anyone to give you a real figure to go by.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I would imagine it's probably just as difficult as getting credit at any other store. If someone doesn't have a job, they're not going to get approved so that would leave out your sister.

Have your mom try it and see what happens.

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

if you want a custom powerbook get it online. the apple store doesnt carry every version. i know the have all configs of the 12inch. but the only have 3 configs of the 15inch. (at the store close to where i live)

OP
A

Axxis22

Actually. The Apple Card is not even a Apple Card itself. You are really applying for a MasterCard. I did it a few years ago and I ended up getting a MasterCard.

Might as well pay it off with another card if you have any.

Reaction score
yeah, I would shop for the best interest rate. have you mom co-sign for it and start building up a positive credit score.

You should check to see if your school has a student computer store, Apple gives students a discount on computers. you can get the discoutn from the campus computer store, or i believe online. the educational computers come with some bonus software and a slightly cheap price tag...

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

the education computer dont come with bonus software i would get your comptuer from the apple store online or in a store. show then your student ID and you get a discount. the college i go to has an on campus computer store that sells macs but they dont get in the latest modles and they are about a year behind and try to charge near the same as the apple store with no added software and plus they college ones didnt have tiger so i would of had to pay 60$ more for tiger so it was only like 150$ diffrence fromt he apple store and the college store but i got the latest powerbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.