Magic Mouse Problems

Reaction score
I just bought a Magic Mouse today. I have a MBP with i7 2.66 4gb ram running mac osx 10.6.6.
When I turned the magic mouse on, bluetooth instantly picked it up as Magic Mouse and paired it with the mbp(it's listed as magic mouse). The problem is when I go to system preferences-mouse-set up bluetooth mouse. It says ''no mouse found''. If I turn the mouse off and back on while this search is taking place, it finds the mouse but when I click continue, it goes back to the generic mouse screen. I believe I'm supposed to see the gesture options at that point. What seems to be the problem? By the way, when I am in this generic mode, the mouse scrolls fine. Also, I do not have USB Overdrive(actually following another post, I installed and un-installed it).
I installed Magic Prefs(which works fine) but I would still like to know why the magic mouse isn't recognized and why I don't see the original gestures menu.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I am not sure why it does not recognize it. However, you should try MagicDriver (google it). It is the best application for the Magic Mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.