Snow Leopard 10.6.6 Vs. Epson Stylus Pro 7800

Reaction score
Hi all, I am trying to connect my large format printer to my new iMac without much luck. I am using a FireWire 400 to 800 adapter from Neet along with my old FireWire cable and I've tried to print via Aperture and iPhoto but cannot get the mac to see the printer so I'm unable to 'add printer'. Can anyone tell me what I might be missing with this setup and why the Mac doesn't see the Epson 7800 printer. Thanks in advance, The Austringer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Don't use the Firewire port or cables with the Epson. Instead, attach it via USB and your iMac should have no problem "seeing" it. You probably have something amiss with the firewire cables especially the part about adapting FW400 to FW800.

You should also do as advised in the previous reply and make sure you have all the correct drivers for your Mac.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi, I've downloaded the Epson Drivers but no change. I changed the connection to the small square connection on the back of the printer and used the old standard USB connection on the Mac. It worked! so thanks for your input. Now I have different problems. Neither aperture or iphoto will transfer the roll paper info over to the printer. The printer is telling me I have the wrong choice of paper! What I need is a Mac/Epson genius who lives in the North Wales /Chester area who can set me up for a small fee. Anyway thanks for your time. The Austringer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting back. That's a very nice professional printer you have there; let's hope you can get maximum usage out of it. Perhaps you can contact an Epson support person there in the UK to lend a hand.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi chscag, Epson support are next on my list. Your right it's a very nice printer, but I do have to get a grip on the setup. At £80 per ink cartridge its not funny if the results are less than perfect. Thanks, The Austringer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.