Airport Express

B

bcren

I just got an Airport Express today to hook up my stereo to. I bought it strictly for that. I already have a Linksys router running my wireless.

Anyhow, I "installed" a.k.a. pluged it and followed the directions to the book and got it working to some extent. I can play music through iTunes but it will cut out after 30 seconds or so. Also, it seems to be interfering with my Comcast. I'm not sure what to do. The Airport Express is placed maybe 5 feet from my desk and about 3 feet next to the router and cable modem.

Any suggestions?

-b

OP
M

macguy.nielsen

Have you looked at the Apple.com support yet? I'm no expert at wireless networking or with the Airport Express but I have heard that you can change the channel signal so that it doesn't interfere with other wireless devices. Most likely its just an interference between different wireless devices. I hope that helps a bit... :mac:

OP
B

badmojo

I just got one too and set it up just like yours, to play music. Mine's good but when I installed it I noticed that Apple wanted to install a firmware update. Did you do that? Furthermore the CD that came with my AE was obsolete. The latest version is 4.2. The Airport Setup Assistant is in the utilities folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
bcren said:
Any suggestions?

-b

As badmojo suggested, make sure the firmware and software version is up to date and go from there.

Do you have any 2.4GHz wireless phones in the vicinity? I had a problem with that interrupting my wireless network whenever somone got on the phone or when it rang, so I upgraded them to an expandable 5GHz set and it solved the problem.

r/
-IanCT

Reaction score
Don't install version 6.2 - it doesn't work - The internet just packs up with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.