Constant screen freeze w/ Flash Player on Firefox

Reaction score
It appears that it only happens to Firefox Flash Player.

What happens is that even though the audio will play perfectly fine, the screen skips about 1.5s worth of frames constantly in random.

It doesn't happen in a specific time or rule, it happens randomly but it always happens when I try to watch any Youtube videos.

I tried reinstalling it and had no luck.
If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Have you tried:
1. Another browser?
2. Putting Firefox thru AppCleaner (backing up the files that are moved into the trash) and then re-downloading Firefox, preferably some other version (if you use the release, try beta, if you use beta, try the release). Since your at it, try also try reinstalling Flash (I don't know how it works with FF, with Chrome for example, it's bundled into the browser, OS independent). Reboot.
3. Software Update
4. Try booting from another mac via firewire (to save yourself from reinstalling pointlessly). If Flash works, your going to have to reinstall OS X. If it doesn't, it's probably a hardware error. Try Apple Hardware Test, Memtest 86+...

Also, some hardware specs could help. If your talking about an iBook G3, I kind of doubt it will run 720p youtube smoothly, no matter what...

OP
D
Reaction score
1. When I first launch the application, it doesn't seem to do it on Safari. So I blamed Firefox and disabled every possible addons except for Flash Plugins. It still does this...
2. I've tried those. I re-installed Flash so many time, but this still hasn't resolved the issue.
3. My Mac along with any software responsible for browsing Flash on Firefox is all up to date.

4 & 5 are a little extreme solution and I plan to do this when I think there is no way I can fix this. I actually had Flash working fine before this. This is second time I've re-installed Mac OS X and it worked fine before this.

Reaction score
Did you really try deleting all your FF prefs, and changing the version you are using? I don't know how flash installs on mac, or if FF uses these directories, but check /Library/Internet Plug-Ins.
Unless you wan't to do the whole reinstall thing, this is the best I can do for you.

E

EightmanVT

If you don't have the issue with Safari - why use Firefox? Chrome or Safari seem to be much better choices...just generally

OP
D
Reaction score
Safari is not better in any way than Firefox, at least for me. It lacks a lot of features especially with all the addons.
Chrome is nice, but I really need bookmark sidebar always sticking into the left as I'm constantly browsing between my favorites. Chrome doesn't have that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.