Strange iPhoto

Reaction score
WHen I import photos to iPhoto, it imports them, and they are nicely displayed there. Then once I close it. The pictures are not there anymore!

I don't know when it started, iPhoto worked well previously.

Any help is really appreciated!

vin

Reaction score
I was browsing a forum since I was having this same issue, and I noticed that it talked about with the latest iphoto 11, pictures are stored differently in a saved folder, ie photo booth.

You may want to try creating a new folder where you want to save the pictures, and copy your imports to there. I did this, and the pictures are now saved to the folder I created.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
WHen I import photos to iPhoto, it imports them, and they are nicely displayed there. Then once I close it. The pictures are not there anymore!

I don't know when it started, iPhoto worked well previously.

Any help is really appreciated!

vin

Sounds like you simply created/opened a new iPhoto Library. Hold the Alt key down when you click on the iPhoto icon and choose Library. Your original library is probably in Pictures folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
This may sound daft but are you actually importing them or just viewing them. When you plug your camera or storage card into a Mac and open iPhoto** the program shows the contents of the card and the card/camera appears under "Devices" on the left of the screen. They are not actually stored in iPhoto until you click "Import All" or Import selected". You should then see you pictures as a new Event on the Events screen.

** Whether iPhoto opens automatically when a card or camera is attached or needs to be opened manually depends on the preference set in Image Capture when the card/camera is attached.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.