iMac G5 problem

D

Doubtful

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask my question. I am new to Macs and seem to have encountered a problem I'm unsure how to take care of. My iMac is starting up just fine (running OS X Tiger 10.4.2) but after the desktop loads my computer hangs there. The finder quits responding and relaunching it won't work.

I am unsure but I believe it is due to a backup program I recently installed. I added an external Seagate 300 GB hard drive to my computer and installed their included software. A reminder pops up before all of the problem begins saying, "It has been 7 days since your last backup would you like to backup now?" After this box pops up everything is frozen and I can't click yes or no. I can force quit this box but that is the only option.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I need to get everything back to running as soon as possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.