Want to get my money back for MS Office 2011 due to unfixable Outlook 2011 problem.

Reaction score
I am so fed up with MS. I just bought Office 2011 Business for Mac. Installed just fine. Ran W, X, P, O just fine and I imported all my contacts. I opened and closed Outlook several times and even had restarted my computer and it opened just fine.

However, on 2nd day of used, in middle of using Outlook I got a message it had to rebuild the database. After that completed successfully, Outlook would not start up.

Spent hours in forums and: restarted system, loaded latest upgrade 14.0.2, restart again, ran Disk Utility to verify and repair permissions, restart, read more forums - nada.

Then I went to the MS site to contact support. I had to enter the product number. I went to the apps I could open, per the MS site instruction - they all had same product # - and entered it. It said it wasn't valid. Are you kidding me? There is no way to reach MS Support unless I now pay another fee. So I called my credit card company to dispute the charge.

I just wish computing was easy. :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

I don't know why you posted this as we have nothing to do with Microsoft. I suggest you contact their customer service 800 number and ask them to give you a refund if you're unhappy with the product. I seriously doubt your credit card company is going to debit the price you paid back to Microsoft since you have the product in your possession. You need to deal directly with MS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.