Late 2008 MacBook Pro blinking screen

Reaction score
I was surprised to see nothing apparently on this forum about the problem the above machine has with its 9400 graphics chip causing the screen to blink when it gets hot, and thus users having to use the 9600 chip instead, resulting in only a 2 hour battery life.
This is one of the largest discussion topics on the Apple discussion forums (Apple - Support - Discussions - MacBook Pro screen blinks ...), going on over 2 years, and recently several users have talked there about getting organised to gather data on the problem to be more effective when approaching Apple, and maybe get some real solutions or compensation. However the discussion moderators have censored these posts, rather than trying to find a solution to the problem (which seems now to be unlikely) or at least to help these customers in sizing the problem by helping to gather the data.
Hence I am posting now here on this issue to see if this community
a) knows of a place where this data can be gathered sensibly - I mean email of owner, serial number of machine, OS, whether sent for repair, and whether cured;
b) knows who and how to contact some competent technical person in Apple with this data (or to help gather it) to help sort this problem amicably.
Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure this should even be posted here - also your title is wrong because the machine you're speaking of is a MacBook Pro not a MacBook.

Let's leave it for awhile and see if you get any responses. I'll edit the title.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.