Airport Express

Reaction score
Hello,

Does Airport Express act as a router?

I connect to the internet wirelessly - the iMac connects to Airport. Airport has an Ethernet lead to my ADSL modem.

Thanks,

J

P.s: if it does how do you open ports on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It does act as a wireless router. To open ports you use the Airport Admin Utility.

B

badmojo

Jammers said:
Hello,

Does Airport Express act as a router?

I connect to the internet wirelessly - the iMac connects to Airport. Airport has an Ethernet lead to my ADSL modem.

Thanks,

J

P.s: if it does how do you open ports on it.

In this instance it does act as a wireless router since you have your modem connected to it. It can also act as a range extender if you're using the Airport Base Station.

OP
J
Reaction score
Me again,

First all of all - Thanks for all your help so far.

I'm still having a fowarding problem. I'm trying to use Azureus Bit Tirrent client. It uses port 6881 as does most other bit torrent clients. I ahve created a rule in the firewall section and have gone into airport express adin and have used the port mapping utility to create a rule there as well where I have selected the ports to open. However my BT client still can't listen correctly and I am receiving a NAT error. If I plug my etherent directly into the Mac I get no problems so it is clearly something I am doing wrong with airport.

Any ideas?

J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.