awake mack for sleep for my sever any ideas

Reaction score
hi there i set up an sever using No-IP - Dynamic DNS, Static DNS for Your Dynamic IP eg for the dns settings.
the main goal for this sever to back up my webhosting sever and maybe sever an few pages of testing code from time to time. and i am using the build in ftp sever on osx snow to let logins to the ftp off my computer for the sever back up via whm on my webhosting account.

but the problem i have is i often put my mac to sleep at night to save me having to boot up every day and to save the hardware ect but what i want to be able two do is wake up the mac when an connection to the sever is maded ever by the domain or even to the ftp sever can this be done while the computer is in sleep

i also use aiport for the internet connection to this imac

thank you for your help hope i have made my self clear

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
What version of OS are you running? When you say Airport - do you mean the internal Airport card? What is your wireless base station?

Anyway - with Snow Leopard and the Latest versions of firmware for Apple's Airport Extreme/Time Capsule - there is a Wake on Demand feature that works together.
Mac OS X v10.6: About Wake on Demand

OP
M
Reaction score
i am running osx version 10.6.6 but i am using the air port network card in my imac and my computer is getting my network connection form my wfi router that is an orange live box so from what i am reading i want be able to have my computer wake in the way i wanted right

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.