Macbook Pro won't turn on! Why oh why?

Reaction score
At 2:00 my Macbook was working flawlessly. At 4:00 it was dead. Why?

Symptoms:
-Little white light on the front doesn't blink anymore
-Green/orange power adapter light shines only a faint green, no longer bright green
-When I press the button on the battery, one green light flashes
-The other computer hooked up to the same power bar didn't get fried by a power surge or anything...

What gives? I'm distraught.

Thanks,

L. M.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Seems like it could be your power adapter has died and not been charging your battery. See if you can a: get another power adapter or b: just to check the laptop still works ok, a new battery (perhaps even swap out your battery with a battery from a same model laptop someone else has if you know someone with the same model)

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
................................ OLD: MBP 13" Mid 09 .......... NEW: MBP 13" Mid 12 ..........
swap the head on the power pack, my long one does not work anymore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP mid 2009 - 2.8 ghz 4 GB Ram, 500 gb HDD ; iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPhone 4 32GB Black,
I agree with the above, try to find a different adapter and see if thats the reason. Sometimes they just give up!

I hope you find the culprit!

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you! Hope you're right!

Thanks for the ideas! I will try that. My mom has a Macbook Pro that's one version older than mine but it's probably all the same stuff.

I hope that's all it is! I was thinking that it might be something simple like battery or the power adapter. Hope so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
My friend just had the long cord die on her. I told her to put just the prong plug to the adapter and its charging fine again. Could be just that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.