Import Contacts from iphone to Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i'v just got my new macbook pro. is it possible to import contacts from my iphone to the address book? if so how can i do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Have you got your iPhone synced with itunes? If so just make sure that in the iphone menu on itunes that you have selected contacts to be synced aswell.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
have selected contacts to be synced aswell.
Plus the "import new contacts from iPhone option". Not sure of the exact wording.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" | 3.2GHz Intel Icore3 | 4GB DDR3 SDRam | 1TB Sata Drive|ATI Radeon HD 5670 512MB GDDR3 SDRAM
I have the same problem, I have tried the sync option but it only takes the contacts already on my mac and puts them on the phone not the other way round. I can see nothing that says 'import new contacts from iphone'? I really do not relish the idea of having to copy so many contacts laboriously by hand.

You would have thought that this would be a very simple task really. My iphone is used for work so all of my contacts on my work pc are synced over the airwaves through the microsoft exchange server automatically but I also want them backed up and accesssible on my mac at home, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've searched for this all last night and found things like idrive but I want my contacts to be in my mac address book not in some online storage centre.

C

chas_m

Are you trying to say that the contacts on your iPhone came from somewhere else? Has your iPhone been synced with the Mac at all? When you first started up the Mac, did you not use Migration assistant to copy this sort of info to the new machine? Is your current Mac Address Book blank?

In short, DETAILS PLEASE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac OX 10.6.6 3.06 GHz i3/4GB ram 500GB HD, 3rd gen iTouch
Same question from different person.

Our contacts were synced to the iTouch from our windows computer...which died. Hence the purchase of the apple computer. Anyway to get them from the touch onto the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" | 3.2GHz Intel Icore3 | 4GB DDR3 SDRam | 1TB Sata Drive|ATI Radeon HD 5670 512MB GDDR3 SDRAM
I ended up exporting my contacts from my work pc into a csv file, putting it onto a memory stick then importing it into my address book.

For all the great things a mac does this should be one of the simplest yet it is so awkward it verges on the impossible!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 iMac10,1 High Sierra 10.13.6, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.06 GHz, 12GB RAM, 500GB Storage
I have the same problem, I have tried the sync option but it only takes the contacts already on my mac and puts them on the phone not the other way round. I can see nothing that says 'import new contacts from iphone'? I really do not relish the idea of having to copy so many contacts laboriously by hand.

You would have thought that this would be a very simple task really. My iphone is used for work so all of my contacts on my work pc are synced over the airwaves through the microsoft exchange server automatically but I also want them backed up and accesssible on my mac at home, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've searched for this all last night and found things like idrive but I want my contacts to be in my mac address book not in some online storage centre.

I asked this question before and never got an answer so I just did the import manually. Only took an hour or so for my 115 contacts.

C

chas_m

I ended up exporting my contacts from my work pc into a csv file, putting it onto a memory stick then importing it into my address book.

For all the great things a mac does this should be one of the simplest yet it is so awkward it verges on the impossible!

It is simple. You were supposed to use Migration Assistant. You didn't, so you made things more difficult (but still not actually difficult).

Reaction score
can't add NEW contacts

I'm having a slightly different issue, in that I want the new contacts I've entered in my phone over the past couple months to be added to my mac address book. They don't seem to merge/ copy over automatically when I sync. Any advice on this? I have about 30 new contacts I'd like to transfer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I'm having a slightly different issue, in that I want the new contacts I've entered in my phone over the past couple months to be added to my mac address book. They don't seem to merge/ copy over automatically when I sync. Any advice on this? I have about 30 new contacts I'd like to transfer.

That is a setting you can choose in iTunes when you have your iPhone connected. It is in the "Info" tab.

Reaction score
You mean the option to "Add contacts created outside of groups on this IPhone to"?-- I have that checked-- it's still not adding the new contacts from my phone to the address book on my computer. Is there another option I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.