Applescript

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone help?
I have some files supplied to me(200 a week) which i print. I then have to post them to different addresses.
Heres the question, The 1st 5 letters/numbers(ie M1234) on the files represent an address which is in a database supplied to me in excel(this excel database has over 2000 addresses in it). Can anyone help me or tell me how to get some kind of script that will take the code from the files and select them out of the database? This is a weekly thing and not always the same addresses. At the moment i am doing a 'find' for the code in excel and then copy and pasting into a new document so i can print labels.
Is this something that can be done?

Also are you able to tell it that their is a duplicate address, so it doesn't print 2 of the same label?
PS i am not familiar at all with scripting so if you could give me advice in the simplest terms, that would be great.
Hope someone can help!
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
you can do some macro work in word/excel (assuming you use word to print labels).

OP
N
Reaction score
I use Quark for labels at the moment, but i will use word if it makes it easier.
Do you know how your idea is done?
I know nowt about macros!

thanks for the reply

Reaction score
a simple vlookup formula in excel will help you find the people in the list. Save the file and mailing option in word will help print labels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.