How do I install and use ISOnewspaper26v4.icc ?

Reaction score
Hi, I need to export PDF's from InDesign CS5 to the above profile. I've downloaded the icc profile but it doesn't seem to be recognised/work. I've gone through loads of different guidelines on how to install and use these but am not having much luck. Can any advise a step by step guide on how to do this as i'm creating adverts and need to get the dot gain down to below 26%.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Ghz Dual0Core Intel Xeon
Hi, I need to export PDF's from InDesign CS5 to the above profile. I've downloaded the icc profile but it doesn't seem to be recognised/work. I've gone through loads of different guidelines on how to install and use these but am not having much luck. Can any advise a step by step guide on how to do this as i'm creating adverts and need to get the dot gain down to below 26%.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Hi charlie1809.

I recommend saving your current Photoshop colour settings
Edit / Color Settings hit Save (call it 'my profile' or something similar)

Then install the ISOnewspaper26v4.icc profile
Windows - Right Click - Install
Mac - Place in - Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Color / Profiles

Use the following steps to set it up in photoshop...
http://www.medibelplus.be/pdf/newspaper/Photoshop_INP26v4_en.pdf

Then open Adobe Bridge.
Go to Edit / Creative Suite Color Settings amongst the options you should see your 'my profile' settings and the 'ISOnewspaper26v4' setting.

Select your prefered colour profile. Hit Apply and all Adobe applications are synchronised.

You can now switch between colour profiles as your work dictates.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
When you export from InDesign select output on the left of the window. change color conversion to : convert to destination
In destination choose your icc profile you wish to use.

Picture7-2.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.