system update fail!!!!

Reaction score
Long story short - I am running an old intel black macbook in which the battery is toast so the machine is constantly plugged in. I was doing a system update in order to access the new app store. Part way through the update the power went out in my home consequently killing the laptop. I was not able to boot from the HD so I installed the original 10.5 restore discs and got it up and running. I have a folder called "previous systems" in which all my apps and docs and stuff are found. I have drug all I need to save from that folder to my "new" docs and what not. Question: Can I now safely delete the "previous systems" folder. It takes up at 60 gigs and I want the space. Thanks. Also, any advice would be helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Yes you can now safely delete the Old System folder, it's basically a backup created for you, once you have what you need from it you can get rid of it, as all the system files now used by your laptop are in the new system folders created from the install. Have no fears :D

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.