Error 4HDD/11/40000000 : SATA(0,0)

Reaction score
I have been having issues with my mac and I did a hardware test and i got this error 4HDD/11/40000000 : SATA(0,0)

Apple said that is in references to the connection of my hard drive and my computer...It could be the actual hard drive or my actual logic board.

I am out of warranty so I can't take it to the Apple Store to be fixed so one way I figured of trouble shooting is...

I have two other 1.5 tera HDs in that computer. They are not full but have important data. Could I install a small leopard partition on one of those drives, and if it boots okay and runs smoothly then I know its that particular drive, and i will replace it. If it runs terribly then I know its a bigger problem.

Is that possible do like a 200 gig partition and then easily just erase it after? Will it let me do that? Can u have multiple leopard partitions on one machine? How do I go about doing this? I only created a partition via bootcamp in the past. Do I create the partition first or do I boot from the install disks and it gives me the option. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi
Did you have any luck sorting this error out

I did a hardware test on my iMac and I'm getting the same error code

I haven't got a spare hdd so I'm not sure if I want to risk buying a new one just to find out its the Logic board and basically scrapping the whole thing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.