Upgrading Jaguar to Tiger...possible to save files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 CD/2gb/120gb. iMac G5 1.8/2gb/120gb
I've decided to bite the bullet and upgrade my jaguar to tiger. I was going to just go with panther, but I got tiger for 69.00 with the student discount and the cheapest I could find panther for was like... around 100.00--that made my choice easy. So, is there a way to upgrade to tiger while still keeping most of my files, contacts, and settings? If not, it isn't a problem and I'll back up my files to my iPod. What about drivers, etc., will it keep those or will I have to go look for all of the drivers? I'm still a bit new to Macs (only 2 months) but I'm trying to learn more each day!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
1.) Always backup before an upgrade.

2.) There may be apps that no longer work with Tiger or need updates to work. The same applies with certain peripherals that had third party drivers.

3.) Your settings and data should all be in working order after the upgrade, provided you follow Apple's instructions.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 CD/2gb/120gb. iMac G5 1.8/2gb/120gb
MacsWork said:
1.) Always backup before an upgrade.

2.) There may be apps that no longer work with Tiger or need updates to work. The same applies with certain peripherals that had third party drivers.

3.) Your settings and data should all be in working order after the upgrade, provided you follow Apple's instructions.
that all sounds good to me since i just installed jaguar on my iBook (just got this computer) so I really don't have too many files to worry about losing.... thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.