Command + w stopped working

Reaction score
Hi,
I use a 2009 Macbook Pro, which is very well loved and well taken care of. Recently I was goofing around with Quicksilver configuring keyboard shortcuts for iTunes, and I added one which was totally unrelated to the preset shortcuts. Once I did, though, Command + w stopped closing tabs. All the other shortcuts work, my keyboard is set to the usual language (it's an azerty keyboard), I've restarted several times, and I even restored all shortcuts to default. Command + t, q, a, all work. And obviously my w key works as well. It just seems that that shortcut is bugging.

Any advice as to what I could do to fix it? I don't honestly know all that much about computers, but with instructions I could probably try something.

Thanks for your hep,

Virginia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Does Command-w work properly when booted to your recovery system media? How about if you create a test user account? Is the symptom tied to the system or the user settings?

OP
V
Reaction score
Alright well I made a new user account, and it seems to be working, so I'm guessing it's tied to my user settings somewhere. Still haven't been able to find where, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.