Resetting PRAM?

Reaction score
So I bought my Macbook Pro a few weeks ago, and the first thing I downloaded was Firefox. I noticed that after downloading, when I would use the twp-finger scroll on webpages and the tap-click, every so often I would get a noise as I was doing it. The closest resemblance I could think of is the sound the old iPod Nano's would make when using the clicker and going around the wheel. It was a very faint noise and only audible in very, very quiet rooms. I searched it and it seems very common as a lot of people have it, especially with Firefox. They said the fix was a PRAM reset. I did one but did very little research on it. I am wondering if this would do any harm at all? It did get rid of the noise though! Secondly, any ideas why it would have been making this noise and why a PRAM reset fixed it? Thank you any input is much appreciated. -James

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A PRAM/NVRAM reset does no harm to the machine and in fact can resolve certain problems. You can read about some of things that it can help resolve by going to the Apple site and read the KB article. LINK I really have no idea why it cured the "click" you heard, but it's good to know that it worked.
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.