Need help with a Mac Mini OS problem

Reaction score
Just got a late 2006 model Mac Mini 1.83 Intel Core Duo with OS 10.6, the problem is that the sound card isn't being recognized and when the previous owner tried to restore it wouldn't let him. It didn't come with any disks and from I have been reading it shipped with 10.4.8 and shouldn't be updated to 10.6 or it will have problems. I talked to Apple support today and he said that I would need to do a full install to get it back to 10.4.8 and restore disks wouldn't work since it's been updated to 10.6. So nw I have no idea what disks I need, has anyone else had any experience with with this, any idea what disks I need? I don't want to update it again if the Intel chip is incompatible as I have read.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I don't know what problems you are talking about, but you can just purchase the retail version of snow leopard (OS X 10.6) from Apple or Best Buy, and install it.
Make sure you back up first, then perform a clean install.

To clear it up for you, the sound card has nothing to do with running OS X 10.6, and it will run fine on that machine assuming the machine is running fine!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.