Older g4 - can't restart!

Reaction score
Indesign was acting weird and I haven't restarted in a while, so I decided to shut the computer down before heading to a meeting. I'm back now and holding down the little button does nothing! No sound - nothing! Suggestions please- I would be most grateful.

Reaction score
Indesign was acting weird and I haven't restarted in a while, so I decided to shut the computer down before heading to a meeting. I'm back now and holding down the little button does nothing! No sound - nothing! Suggestions please- I would be most grateful.

We need to know what kind of G4 it is. If your trying to start from the keyboard you may need a new pram battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

If you're getting no power whatsoever, it's possible that the power supply may have died. (among many other things) As Mac SK suggested, try a new pram battery first to see if that helps.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions, Mac SK and MacDude 121. I took it in for repair this morning and they had to reset it. They thought it wouldn't turn on because of a power surge. All is well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If it's a G4 tower, those systems have a CUDA button on the MLB if I recall - similar to resetting SMC, it will sometimes break the no-power/no-boot caused by a dying PRAM battery. Just a guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.