screensaver doesn't work!

Reaction score
so i'm trying to install a screensaver but it doesn't work. i can preview it but when i leave my computer alone the screensaver won't pop up. this is the screensaver i'm trying to install:

YouTube - HD SNSD [full] Daum Screensaver preview 11of11 Oct06.2010 GIRLS' GENERATION 720p

the download link is in the description since i don't want people thinking i'm trying to give them a virus. i tried both the low quality and high quality versions and no luck. is there an app that would make this screensaver work? i want this on my mac soooo bad. and yes, i did check my settings and such as well. thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I was going to test it to see if I could install it but it's 330 MB and the Korean "Daum" site is very slow on downloads. If I can get it to download later on at a decent speed, I'll test it to see if can run it.

I notice there are four versions: High and low for both Windows and the Mac. I'll see if I can get the Windows version to run also. (in Windows of course)

OP
J
Reaction score
I tried Windows and it works flawlessly. Just the Mac version that's not working properly.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It finally downloaded. I'll give it a test on my machine to see if it runs. I'll post back to this thread and let you know.

EDIT: OK, it's installed and the video works, however, no sound. I ran through the options menu that comes with the screen saver (it's in English and Korean) and it shows the sound at full volume but the small speaker is grayed out. That tells me it's not totally compatible with OS X, at least OS X Snow Leopard which I'm running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.