unknown error has occurred while accessing *file*

Reaction score
power pc (an old one at work) os 10.5.8 using flash cs4

ok, i have been working on this flash movie for about 3 weeks. saving and resaving as needed. and i just tried to save again and it says "an unknown error has occurred while accessing /users/mmurrow/desktop/revmaster.fla"
i have tried saving it under a new name, in a new location, and i tried saving it on the server instead of my desktop. but no matter what i do it won't save. i look in the folder it WAS in and the file is gone. i can't close the file or restart or anything like that because all of my work will be gone! what do i do?

Picture 2.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

That error is indicative of file corruption. Unless you have a backup and can restore the original file before editing, you may be out of luck.

You might also want to run a FSCK on your internal hard drive as that could be what caused the corruption.

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing today, and trouble seemed to have started after I saved my document as a template.
After loads of yelling at the computer I tried to save it to a different disk, namely my external hard disk, which worked. Might be worth a try!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.