Icons and Task Bar Too Big

Reaction score
Please help :(

All of the icons and task bars are really zoomed in and I don't know how to get it back to it's normal settings. I already went into preferences and turned off the 'zoom' feature and it didn't fix the problem. Any ideas are appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Have you changed the resolution? Check in System Prefs > Display

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
So you opened System Preferences, went into "Dock" and adjusted the size of the icons by sliding the bar?
What do you mean by "task bars"? Are you referring to the title menus at the top of the screen (File, Edit, etc.)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Please help :(

All of the icons and task bars are really zoomed in and I don't know how to get it back to it's normal settings. I already went into preferences and turned off the 'zoom' feature and it didn't fix the problem. Any ideas are appreciated!

Is this a laptop computer? Even if "Zoom" is set to off...there is another method of zooming the display.

If you depress the "ctrl" button...then do the two finger "swipe" on the trackpad...this can "Zoom-In" or "Zoom-Out" the display.

- to "Zoom-In" the display you move/swipe the two fingers towards the display
- to "Zoom-Out" the display you move/swipe the two fingers away from the display

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
If you are talking about the Dock go to the right near the Trash and grab the separator bars and slide up or down the get the size you want.

Screen shot 2011-01-18 at 11.29.49 AM.png

OP
C
Reaction score
It is a laptop (macbook pro) and I have tried all of the things said and they haven't worked
I also forgot to mention that when I open up any program it is also really zoomed in. For example, the box I'm writing in right now takes up about 3/4 of the page
The screen also has thick black bars going vertically on either side that I didn't have before.

OP
C
Reaction score
So you opened System Preferences, went into "Dock" and adjusted the size of the icons by sliding the bar?
What do you mean by "task bars"? Are you referring to the title menus at the top of the screen (File, Edit, etc.)

yep that's what I meant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.