Macbook Pro 17" (A1151) Cable Identification

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I was hoping I could get some assistance as to identifying the ribbon cables located under the battery of a 17inch Macbook Pro, model A1151. The cables have been cut and need to be replaced. I've checked out ifixit.com for the parts, but still need help identifying them before purchasing the replacements.

Here's an image of the battery bay:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm151/wrathre/IMG_20110118_122950.jpg

There are typically 3 ribbon cables there, two attached via the top side of the image, one at the bottom.

Thank you for your time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Those connectors are, left to right, top to bottom, the keyboard ribbon cable, the keyboard backlight ribbon cable, and the trackpad ribbon cable. Your best bet is to order a top case assembly and a keyboard. The top case should have the cable for the backlit keyboard, the trackpad will already be connected, and the keyboard will include the ribbon cable for it. iFixit is probably going to set you back close to $400 for parts. You might want to consider purchasing a broken or non-functioning computer to use for parts. Ebay has a few for $100-150.

OP
WrathRE
Reaction score
Those connectors are, left to right, top to bottom, the keyboard ribbon cable, the keyboard backlight ribbon cable, and the trackpad ribbon cable. Your best bet is to order a top case assembly and a keyboard. The top case should have the cable for the backlit keyboard, the trackpad will already be connected, and the keyboard will include the ribbon cable for it. iFixit is probably going to set you back close to $400 for parts. You might want to consider purchasing a broken or non-functioning computer to use for parts. Ebay has a few for $100-150.

Thanks for the information sir!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.