Restoring iMac

Reaction score
I sent my 27" iMac with Snow Leopard away for a new screen and AirPort.

It came back with the hard drive wiped clean :(

Before I sent it away I had backed up everything to (a) Time Machine on one external disk and (b) Carbon Copy on a second external disk.

Can someone step me through how I get everything restored from this point please? The guy at my local reseller is a bit vague on the whole thing.

Thx!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
You need to boot your imac into your snow leopard install dvd, (reboot and hold "c" just after you hear the startup chime), when it boots from the dvd, look at the top menu your should see a drop down menu called "Utilities" from this menu click "Disk Utility". When inside Disk Utility click on your Hard Drive then click the "Restore" Tab, in the restore tab you should see "Source" next to a blank box, to the right of the blank box you should see a button called "Image", click this button and direct it to your time machine backup. In the "destination" box drag your hard drive from the left pane into the blank box. Once done click "Restore" button at the bottom. Let it do it's thing and you should have everything back to normal.

Hope this helps

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Any time ;)

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.