Mac Mini & Printer Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
Hi All

Don't know whether this is in the right section or not...apologies if wrong.

Bought my other half a Kodak ESP3250 printer/scanner for Christmas. Connected this to the Mac Mini and the photo side works just fine. It says that OSX 10.6 is supported...and it is to a point, however, I cannot get the scanner to work. Tried image capture from applications and all the different web suggestions, but it does not see the scanner.
Put the printer on my iMac - running the exact same OS (10.6.6) as the mini- and the iMac sees the scanner. It can access all the features with no problem.

Reinstalled Snow Leopard on the Mini, and the scanner was suddenly accessible until I reinstalled all the apps from my time machine, then suddenly it refuses to see the scanner again. I have the same apps on both machines so cannot understand the issue...can anyone help.

Thanks

OP
Darker Times
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the link, but I have the latest driver for the printer, so I can rule that one out. Image capture should see the scanner even if I didn't have the Kodak software installed - just like it does on the iMac - but the Mini just can't see this. I have had the scanner running once, when I reinstalled S/L, just didn't last very long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
It could be a conflicting app making the scanner not be recognised by the way you say you reinstalled the apps from time machine and then it doesn't work. Is there any apps on there that have access to your scanner like photoshop?

- Simon

OP
Darker Times
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only App that I have that would utilise the scanner is iPhoto.
The version of iPhoto on the Mini, is different to the version on the iMac, and initially, I thought that this may be the issue. However, I uninstalled iPhoto from the Mini to see if this would help, but it does not. The scanner neither works with the App installed or uninstalled.

I spoke with my Apple dealer who advised the basics, such as repair permissions etc. which didn't help, so that's when I reinstalled the OS, and that is the only point at which it recognised the scanner.

If I go into "System Preferences" and select "Printer", I can select "Scanner" or "Printer" from the menu, but when I select scanner, it opens up the software and says "no scanner connected'. It does not make any sense.

Philip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.