RDP to server

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Hey,

I have a friend here who want's to conect to one of his servers via RDP. However he can't remember the address to connect to, to RDP to it. He knows the local name (on the domain its called exchange.domain.local) but he cant connect to that remotely. He needs to be able to connect to his exchange server from here. He obviously knows the domain name and domain admin login info, just not the servers IP to RDP to. Is there some way we can remote to his machine?

Thanks

-Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Can't you just ping the domain name using the network utility or terminal to resolve the IP address?

Or have I misunderstood the problem? :)

OP
benparko
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Hey man,

Nah I can't ping the domain name because I only have the local domain name. I have the exchange address too. Exchange10.domain.local. I know another few servers but just the local names. Is it somehome possible for me to connect to any server in the network remotely?

Basically, I have the admin name and password and the domain name... Just no server name to connect to.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I know Apple's remote desktop software has a built-in scanning tool, or perhaps there's something on the app store that can scan a network for IPs for you.

But I don't know otherwise I'm afraid - call someone and ask? :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.