• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Itunes Iphone remote help

Reaction score
Hi Guys..

Ok im freaked out...

I have just opened the "remote app" on my iphone 3gs to use with my itunes on my imac...

It all works fine and well, but for some reason the remote sees music that isnt in my itunes....

It seems to be music from my girlfriends computer (which is switched off)

Any ideas?

Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Have you got home sharing turned on and been sharing music on your network with your girlfriends computer? If so it's probably picking up files in the temp folder from doing that.

- Simon

OP
A
Reaction score
As far as im aware I havennt.. but I guess I could have...

The thing that is confusing me tho is that the remote sees music that isnt showing in itunes...

Adam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.