iCal Minor Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
Hi guys,

I would like to bring a minor problem to your attention... nothing too drastic but something that annoys me BIG TIME.

I have iCalendar in the dock but the day that it displays never updates automatically. So for example today it is 14th Aug, yet iCal displays '11', which is the last day I opened it. I have searched Mac help for this but I cannot find anything. Surely the date should update by itself without any need for me to actually open the application, right? Or... wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Absolutely.. the more I use iCal, the more it annoys me :( It does have some very nice features that Entourage does not have, but overrall.. I can't depend on it like I could Entourage's calendar, reminder features.

OP
Stephanella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
Well thanks Murlyn... here's one Mac thing that isn't that great after all!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The was a thread talking about this some time ago. I believe that what was said to do is either have an applescript open and quit the application, or if you leave your system on. Just close the application (don't quit it) so that it will change the date.

Hopefully Apple has heard this complain, and will address in the next revision, whenever that is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It isn't displaying the last date you opened it, it always shows July 17th by default which was the date that OS X was revealed to the public. As soon as you open the program it updates the date on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Unless of course you leave the application open. I do not like leaving it open, so I don't have that problem.. the only reason I do not leave it open is because when the reminders pop up, they do not just pop up the tiny reminder window, but it pops up the entire huge iCal window also! Kind of annoying. If all my other apps did not integrate with the Apple apps so well.. I would switch to Entourage in a heart beat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
trpnmonkey41 said:
It isn't displaying the last date you opened it, it always shows July 17th by default which was the date that OS X was revealed to the public. As soon as you open the program it updates the date on it

My iCal icon always shows July 17th when it's closed...any idea what happened on that date? :cool:

OP
Stephanella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Avalon, SAME HERE!!!!! If I restart the computer it will revert back to that date!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.