problems installing a program onto macbook

Reaction score
i bought my first mac today and i have a problem.

i tried downloading and installing a program off download.com more specifically frostwire
i have dled it and installed it fine on my gf mac but this one isn't working

the downloading worked perfectly fine but i can't seem to install it.

when its finished dling from the website i get a icon on my desktop that looks like a harddrive. when i click it it opens a new folder which i click on the icon to open it to install it it gives me a message saying :

"frostwire" is an application downloaded from the Internet. are you sure you want to open it?
"frostwire" is on the disk image "frostwire-4.21.2.dmg". safari downloaded this disk image today at 11:08 from download.cnet.com"

when i select yes from that message nothing happens

what am i doing wrong?

how can i install this program properly? is there like a seeting that i need to adjust.

thanks for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You should see the apploaded as a disk image in Finder (look in the left sidebar under your Mac Hard Disk).

Click on that disk image and drag the app in Applications to install it.

OP
G
Reaction score
I did that and when I open my app folder the frostwire app is greyed out and has a circle with a bar in it
It wasn't this complicated before. Three weeks ago I dl it for my gf and I clicked the dl file and it automatically ran the installer. Why is it like this for my computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.