• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Stretching When Exporting

Reaction score
Basically I am trying to make a video with footage from a video game, and when I export shorter videos using only one clip it comes out fine. But the problem arises when I compile multiple clips together, and export them. When I am only using one video it exports fine using the HDV 1080i50 compression to 16:9 with out the bars at the top and bottom. But when I try to export a video that has multiple clips it has bars at the top and bottom, and looks basically stretched. In the canvas it also looks fine as far as the dimensions go and no letterboxing occurs. The original format for the video clips is also HDV 1080i50 compression if that helps. I am running Final Cut Pro 7.
For reference videos:
This is what I get with a single video clip
YouTube - FFA Streak

This is the effect with multiple clips
YouTube - Joyeux Noél

As you can see I get the letter boxing and it is really unattractive in comparison to to the actual 16:9 dimensions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Make sure your sequence settings are also set to 16:9. Press Command-0 to bring up the sequence settings. It sounds like you may be adding 16:9 clips to a 4:3 sequence.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.