XP Cannot connect to the internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, Snow Leopard, 2.6Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 200Gb
Hi everyone - The forum is great and I find it such a great resouce, well moderated and great contributions. Keep it up please.

I have just used Bootcamp to partition my drive and Windows is running perfectly apart from one little isse which I need help with please.

I cannot connect to the internet using my router either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable. The MAC connects wirelessly even after the Windows installl.

Could anyone please suggest why this is happening, or are you simply unable to use the internet with this type of install?

Also, I find it strange that unless you select MAC OS to boot using the option key during startup, that Windows is the default boot system. Can this be changed?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you installed the bootcamp drivers from you Snow Leopard disc?

That should take care of your network drivers and put BootCamp app in your system tray that can control the default OS to boot into. You can set the default boot OS in OSX system preferences too.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, Snow Leopard, 2.6Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 200Gb
Internet connection issue in XP

Thank you for your reply.

I realised as soon as I read your reply that I had forgotten this step so I have now done this and the internet is workng. Thanks for your advice.

Could you also shed any light on why the Mac Wireless mouse and keyboard which I think are bluetooth based are not working. They did strangely enough before I ran the OSX installer.

Do you think this may have anything to do with bluetooth being inactive?

Thanks alot

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thank you for your reply.

I realised as soon as I read your reply that I had forgotten this step so I have now done this and the internet is workng. Thanks for your advice.

Could you also shed any light on why the Mac Wireless mouse and keyboard which I think are bluetooth based are not working. They did strangely enough before I ran the OSX installer.

Do you think this may have anything to do with bluetooth being inactive?

Thanks alot

You have to pair the keyboard and mouse within Windows - and yes, Bluetooth has to be active in Windows.

The reason they worked previously is that you were booted into OS X, where they were paired - and later in EFI, where they are also paired. Once the system passes control over to Windows, you have to have the devices paired with the OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro OS X 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM
I have similar issue with XP on mid 2010 macbook pro

Hi there,

I am recently convert to Mac and I love it.
I had to install xp since few of the program I need do not have mac version.

I have OS X on mid 2010 macbook pro and used bootcamp asst to partition and install windows xp.

Issues:
1) how can I configure trackpad for windows where one tap would act as a click (just like Mac) in window?
2) Do I need to download network/wireless drivers from somewhere to make the internet work?
3) Do I need to download drivers to make the webcam, speakers etc work on windows xp? or is there a settings I need to play with?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
As per my reply to the original query:

Have you installed the drivers either from your Snow Leopard disc or from the driver package you'll have been prompted to download by the bootcamp assistant (depending on which version of OSX you're running)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro OS X 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM
Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

I have OS X 10.6.8
It came with two disc
1) Applications install
2) Mac OS X install

I tried both CDs but none gave me an option for bootcamp driver. That's why I posted my Q with my specs

Reaction score
You put the Mac OSX disc while running Windows. The driver package should install automatically or otherwise be visible as a folder. Also from within Windows, you should download and install Bootcamp 3.1 from the Apple download site - that will also help.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What you haven't said is which version of OSX you have.

But as SammySlim says, it should just autorun when you put the OSX disc in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
<Hangs head>

Sorry, missed that completely ....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.