How make Mac OS X looks like Windows or Ubuntu

Reaction score
Hi, I am working in objective-C for Iphone and iPad. So, I am using the Mac OS X. I am not fan of Apple, all is dificult, all is closed, all is expansive and so on.

In all time, I use only the Ubuntu Linux and the Windows. So, there are same things that are universal (or I thought so), like "ctrl + c" to copy (in mac is "command + c", Pressing "Home" I go to start of the line, not the start of the text. Another is a double click in any tab bar, you minimize a program, not MAXIMIZE like other SO.

I do not loved the "Dock". For a lot of windows, it is a little confuse and than boring. The windows tab of the ubuntu and windows is better.

This little things **** me of. Because I worked all my life with this things, is boring learn again and have to use 2 different layout (I still use the windows or ubuntu)

There are same program that make this things easy? How can I make the Mac OS X looks alike windows or ubuntu?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Simple answer: you can't.

It's a different GUI, that has evolved differently from Windows (and of course, most Linux distributions mimic Windows). You just have to take your time and learn the OS.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Mac OS X is not Windows or Linux, there are going to be differences..I've never read anyone describe the difference as "boring", but whatever..

Assuming that you aren't really trolling, if you do develop for the iPhone and iPad, you seem to be a sufficient "fan" of Apple for those products, so give OS X a chance and you can be just as productive there as Windows or Linux..

Regards

OP
R
Reaction score
Assuming that you aren't really trolling, if you do develop for the iPhone and iPad, you seem to be a sufficient "fan" of Apple for those products, so give OS X a chance and you can be just as productive there as Windows or Linux..

Regards

Lol, I am not trolling. I started to work for iPhone, because i like the objective-C object-oriented and because there aren't a lot of people, were in Brazil, who know this (in other words, I think i can win a good money)

I not need to be a "insane fan" to work on it. So, I can learn to use the Mac OS X, but this don't mean I like it.

So, there aren't any well know program to hack this little things? I found very easily program that make "Windows look like mac", but the other side isn't easy.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You'll find it a lot more productive of your time to work with the way a particular OS works, rather than trying to make them all work the same way. I've been using Windows and Linux for a long..I use Linux for all of my professional work, but I use a Mac at home and though I was a little lost initially with the Mac, I've now learned enough about it to be able to go between the 3 OS' with the greatest of the ease..

Also, since I didn't HACK any of the OS' to behave like a different one, all of the tips and tricks for each native OS works great..

And if you dislike Mac OS X so much, why would you try to make Windows look or work like a Mac??

Regards

C

chas_m

Someone who does not really "grok" the logic and philosophy behind OS X is really never going to be able to make a decent iOS app.

IMHO. With respect.

Reaction score
I bought a mac mini early last year, it took me a while to get up to speed, but now, I never turn on my windows machine at home. I use win 7 at work, only until I can make one of my programs work on windows in mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Why would you buy a Ferrari only to make it look like a Ford on the outside? If you don't like driving the Ferrari or don't like the way it looks, drive a Ford instead.

I've never heard of any apps that will make Mac OS look like Windows or Ubuntu. As mentioned, your efforts are best spent learning Mac OSX and becoming efficient with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.