Safari very slow

D

dross333

I am new to MAC and notice when browsing using Safari, the pages are very slow in loading. On my Windows box, I use IE and it is much faster. Am i better installing Firefox or IE on the MAC?

Thanks
David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
What are your OS/hardware specs?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Since you are running tiger, it should not be that slow at all. Sometimes IE on a P4 with fast video does seem snappier on some sites, but since 10.3.9 and now Tiger Safari keeps right up with my PC these days. Try Firefox and Camino and see if you see any difference.

Reaction score
This really speeds up FireFox...http://forevergeek.com/open_source/make_firefox_faster.php
I'm using Panther, this speeds up Safari, don't know if it works with Tiger, speeds up loading pages pretty good.. Open up terminal, paste this in... defaults write com.apple.Safari WebKitInitialTimedLayoutDelay -float 0.25 really speeds it up..The only thing, if you quit Safari you have to do it again, haven't figured out how to save it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.