Bootcamp Security Issues

Reaction score
I wanted to know if there are any vulnerabilites to simply having a Bootcamp partition (with Windows and Snow Leopard) while running Snow Leopard? For example if say I get a virus on my Windows side, if I boot into Mac will it have any effect (I seem to be able to access files on my Windows side via Snow Leopard but unsure if viruses/malware/spyware transfers)? Additionally if am running Windows would viruses/malware/spyware be able to engage with files on my Mac partition? Also can I pick up viruses from my Mac and transfer it to my windows side (since I seem to be able to access files on the Mac partition from windows)?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums
Let me start off with the fact that there are no known viruses for OSX, there other threats but i'll give you a link to our Virus/ Spyware etc sticky FAQ thread.
Let me also point out that having windows on another partition is absolutely fine as you can't effect your OSX partition if you do get a virus on your windows partition.
Read this for alot more info and to put your mind at rest:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...-official-antivirus-malware-firewall-faq.html

Hope this helps.

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.