Sticking Title Bar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
My Title Bar sticks every now and then. For example, I'll be working in Safari, then bring up Mail, but my Title Bar will still say "Safari," and the drop down menus will not function. I can clear the issue by going back to the listed application, or by relaunching Finder. I've tried the usual stuff, repairing permissions, and deleting the Finder plist file. I even reinstalled OS X. The intermittent problem persists. I asked a genius at the store about it, and he said I needed to "wipe" the disk and do a clean reinstall of the OS. What a wretched idea! Surely there's a simpler way to deal with this.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Does anyone know which system files control the Title Bar function?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I don't know but I would try the systemuiserver plist file.

Those menus are user interface elements...

OP
VegasGeorge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Thanks toMAXsh. I tried your suggestion, but it didn't fix the problem. :-(

Anyone have another idea?

OP
VegasGeorge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Ah Ha!! It's MagicPrefs that's doing it!

See: Menu Bar Freezes

Problem identified and solved.

OP
VegasGeorge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Nothing else. At first I thought I had cleared the problem by changing to a new user and dumping all the old preferences. Then I noticed that the problem came back immediately after I reactivated MagicPrefs. So, I uninstalled MagicPrefs and the problem went away. Then I checked their website and discovered that the problem is will known to them. So, MagicPrefs is responsible for 100% of the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.