Insecure startup items

Reaction score
When I start up my macbook I receive two errors that say "Insecure startup item" followed with

“/Library/StartupItems/HP Trap Monitor” has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.

“/Library/StartupItems/ParallelsTransporter” has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.

About two months ago I had an issue with another account on my computer downloaded music from iTunes. I did some searching on the internet and decided that it was an error with the permissions. I changed some of the permissions and then was locked out of my computer. I had to use the boot disk to reinstall OSX. I believe I may have repaired the permissions from the reboot screen as well. Once that was done I was able to get back on my compter. Then I started receiving the error mentioned above. I didn't think too much into it until recently when I tried to sync my iPhone. When plugging in my iPhone my itunes or computer doesn't recognize it. I'm unable to sync at all. I've tried going to the disk utility and verifying and repairing the HD and doesn't seem to help. I've also tried reinstalling iTunes and still nothing. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, please let me know. Thanks!

OP
K
Reaction score
Luckily for me I was able to answer my own question. I deleted the files that it was talking about and now everything works fine. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.