Recommendations for .doc to PDF creator

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone can recommend an application that will enable me to convert word docs into PDF files? The catch (which has meant I have been unable to find anything) is that it needs to run on a Mac and enable me to add a watermark to the background.

TIA

Kelly

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
PDF conversion is already built into the Mac operating system. As for the watermark, you'll have to add that with MS Word first before converting to PDF.

Reaction score
you can convert doc file to pdf from page. Open the file, go to print. drop down the section in print you can see.. "save as pdf"... I always use that. it is fast and simple.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
PDF support is built into Word - no need to use the "print" method. File > Save As... > PDF will get the job done.

As for the watermark, in Word 2011 go to Layout > Watermark in the ribbon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.