• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple expected to pack ultrafast, dual core SGX543 graphics into iPad 2, iPhone 5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Apple expected to pack ultrafast, dual core SGX543 graphics into iPad 2, iPhone 5
AppleInsider | Apple expected to pack ultrafast, dual core SGX543 graphics into iPad 2, iPhone 5
Apple's next generation iPad and iPhone, both due the first half of this year, will pack a new version of the company's custom A4 chip, with dual, faster graphics cores capable of supporting a Retina Display iPad and potentially bringing 1080p HD support to iOS devices, including Apple TV.

And there is this.

Parts supplier selling purported iPad 2 screen, iPad vibrating motor
AppleInsider | Parts supplier selling purported iPad 2 screen, iPad vibrating motor
[/quote]One parts supplier claims to have already obtained the screen part for Apple's next-generation iPad, while also selling a vibrating motor for the device.[/quote]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've seen to much of this stuff over the past few years to believe any of it until I see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I've seen to much of this stuff over the past few years to believe any of it until I see it.

Then stop opening the rumors threads!

I'd love to see the new iPad pack that processor, not to mention the new iPhone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Been reading some good possible things about this new multi core processor, the best thing about it is how it can run multiple cores, up to 12/16 if I remember correctly, without needing to write different app codes. Can't wait for the next iphone/ipad to come out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.