Can't hear from the ear piece.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4, MBP
My Iphone 4 just started acting weird. I was trying to call someone and couldn't hear it ringing. Tried calling my home phone. Home phone rang but couldn't hear it ringing on my iphone. When I adjusted the volume it showed that it was adjusting volume for headphones (which weren't plugged in). Speaker phone works as do the headphones. Tried rebooting and syncing but no joy. Any idea how to remedy this problem?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4, MBP
Never mind. Google finally yielded the answer. Here it is from the Apple website.

Resolution

1. Verify there is nothing plugged into the headset port, including headsets, headphones, or adapters.
2. Original iPhone only: While on the Home screen, adjust the volume buttons. If you see the icon below, indicating that headphones are attached, there may be debris in the headset port:

To remove debris in the headset port, try connecting a pair of headphones to the headset port and then remove the headphones. Repeat this several times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.