Bit Torrent

Reaction score
Which Bit Torent software do people use on the Mac. I used to sue Bit Tornado for Windows and would regulary get speeds of 100+.

I have downloaded Bit torrent 4.12 by Andrew Loewenstern but the best sppeds I have encountered are around 12-15 - very slow for a 2 meg connection.
Any tips?

Thanks in advance,

J.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I personally prefer Azureus. I've always had good luck with it and it lets you queue downloads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I use Tomato Torrent, it's nice and simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I use Azureas... It has alot of really nice features.

H

hardran3

I like the official Bittorrent. Doesn't use much resource wise (unlike azureus). Speed depends on peers. Sometimes I get 25 KB/s, sometimes I max my pipe at 350 KB/s. One important thing to do, no matter what app you use, is to limit your upload to 80% of your Up Bandwidth. When up is saturated, your down will suffer.

Reaction score
im getting really slow dling speeds like averaging at around 2kb/s ... is this just because of the peers or are my settings messed?

A

Alone2Gether

flipm3 said:
im getting really slow dling speeds like averaging at around 2kb/s ... is this just because of the peers or are my settings messed?

Do you use a router? If you do, remember to use port forwarding

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yea another azureus fan here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
azureus

yep azureus is the best i've seen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
flipm3 said:
how do i do that?
Well it really depends on your router. What kind do you have?

S

SomaGaze

find out what your ip address is for the comp you have the BT client on. Log onto your router just by typing 192.168.2.1 into your web broswer (its almost always 192.168.2.1). Look for "Port forwarding" or "persistent port forwarding" in your router options (usually appears under security). Then you want to enable TCP and UDP port forwarding to your comp's ip address. To find out what port to forward take a look at the options for BT client. Azureus uses port 6881 by default

should be all done after that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
Favorite client

My favorite client is Bits on Wheels but i could not get it to update properly. So now i use Azureus. while i like Azureus it find it to be slow compared to everything else, even with my iMac G5 with 2GB of ram.

I wish that Azureus was made more native and ran better on mac, thenit would really be the best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
My problem with Azureus is that it gives me NAT errors even though all the ports are opened, I know this because I get blazing speeds using BitTornado

F

Fallooza

sorry guys but i was wondering whata bit torent is? i keep hearing about them, seems like its some kind of file shareing software or p2p.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.