Pop Up Blocker For Firefox - Does one exist?

Reaction score
Hello

I've been looking for a pop up blocker for the MAC, there doesn't seem to be much software out there for this issue.

I am using Mac Osx 10.6.6 with Firefox web browser mainly.

I have the 'Block Pop Up Window Checked' in preferences>privacy

I have seen these sites:

Pop-Up Zapper, a Mac popup blocker by Ricardo Batista

Popup killer for Mac os - The pop-up blocker and ad stopper for Macintosh

Download Pop-Up Zapper for Mac - Block pop-up ads and images in web browsers. MacUpdate.com

But keep getting an error window when trying to run ( see pic)

However if anyone can let me know of any software that will stop these pop ups.

Thanks.:)

Screen shot 2011-01-16 at 15.29.59.png

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Since all major browsers have built-in pop-up blockers (Firefox included), stand-alone pop-up blocker applications kinda died off the earlier part of the last decade. The programs you're looking at are likely quite old and haven't been updated to run on newer versions of OS X.

Unfortunately, a lot of the craftier marketing companies are finding new and more elusive ways of creating pop-ups, and they tend to thwart the pop-up blockers. If you're running into them regularly, might I suggest Ad Block Plus for Firefox? Not only will it quell pop-ups, but just about any advertising.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Have to agree with above. If you have Firefox you don't need a separate pop-up blocker. BTW its mac not MAC.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Edited title since you're asking specifically about Firefox. Any ad blocking would be specific to the browser being used.

OP
tsam19
Reaction score
Re: cwa107

Thanks for the reply mate.;)

Re: Sawday

Thanks for the reply.However If I choose to spell MAC this way, don't get upset about it.

Re: bobtomay

Thanks for re-editing my 'title'!!

The original title fitted the original opening question - Are there any pop up blockers for a mac?

I stated I used Firefox, as guaranteed someone would have asked 'what browser' software are you using?

It seems pretty obvious now that all or any other answers are going to be relating to firefox, when someone else may have info about an actual pop up ad software package.

I'd prefer if this post was DELETED, I will seek the answer another time or at the Apple store.

Thankyou.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Check out the addons. Called YesPop Up. Ever since I have been using it, I've never had a pop up or a "back" pop up.

OP
tsam19
Reaction score
Re: CrimsonRequiem

Tried looking for 'Yespop up' as you suggested.

Yes I browsed all add ons.

If you have a link for it let me know.

No such ADD ON.

Screen shot 2011-01-20 at 16.00.34.png

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Re: CrimsonRequiem

Tried looking for 'Yespop up' as you suggested.

Yes I browsed all add ons.

If you have a link for it let me know.

No such ADD ON.

Here you go. Linky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.