Renaming help

Reaction score
Hi all i am brand new to this forum,but im an old dawg,,i hope all is well with everyone here,,now for my question,,I have been a windows guy i know ( boo-hiss etc ) i have been repairing them a long time,,being in the field I come to hate windows and tell my customers to get a mac,,so they do,,one of my questions from my customer was how do i rename my external hard drive or usb flash drives in snow leopard os,,I said i will find out,,I cannot afford a mac right now but im putting a lil away each week to buy one,,so do any of you nice people know the answer to this,,i looked around and all i saw was coding is there an easier way to do this,,or is there a place i can read on the mac enviroment thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Click on the name of the drive twice, but slower than a normal double click. It will then become writable, and you can change the name.

OP
UsMcEOD
Reaction score
MightyGem I thank you for your quick response,,I have tried that to no avail,,it seems to only work in renaming OS icons and folders,,What I (we) are trying to accomplish is
I plugged customers USB external Hard drive In,,so that she can back her system up with time machine,,but I guess its the little things in life that upset her lol her external drive when on her desktop is named "untitled" she wants to rename Not remap this drive lets say to "my drive" this is where im confused,,do not know how how to do this

UsmcEod
"Total Success or Instant Failure"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Click on the external hard drive, press enter and re-name it.

Good luck!

- Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I have tried that to no avail
Ah. Not at my Mac, but I'm sure I've done it that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.