Wireless Not Working Windows 7 MacBook Air

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had problems installing Windows 7 on my 2010 MacBook Air.
When I try to install the Windows Support Software from a USB key I get the following:-Boot Camp requires that your computer is running Windows 7.
I have Windows 7 Home Premium installed.
Also, I do not have wireless enabled when in Windows mode. Is this because I cannot install the drivers from the support USB key?

Thanks,

Anthony.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Have you installed the boot camp drivers on the windows side? Once windows 7 is installed you need to pop your osx installation dvd and install the boot camp drivers, that could sort it if you haven't done it already.

- Simon

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi,

I only have the USB key that came with the MacBook Air. I do have a OSX disc from my MacPro though.
Can I use the USB or should I use the disc from the MacPro?

Thanks,

Anthony.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
You can use the USB key, I was just having a blonde moment saying use the dvd.

- Simon

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi Simon,

When I insert the key, it appears as CD Drive E on the Windows 7 Explorer window. When I click on it, nothing happens. I insert in my MacPro and it appears as Mac OSX install.

Anthony.....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Insert the install key while Windows 7 is running. Now, open the OS X key using the Windows 7 file explorer. (Command E) Look for a file called "setup.exe". Double click to run the driver installation. This assumes of course that the Snow Leopard USB install key is setup the same way as the DVD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.