Macbook won't get past apple loading screen

EZE

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to these forums and was wondering if more knowledgeable users would be able to help me out. Whenever I start the mbp in MacOSx (MBP 15.4/2.66/2X2GB/320), I get stuck on the mac loading screen with the apple and the gearlike circle thing. Then, after a little while on the apple loading screen my mbp restarts on its own, and then gets stuck on the apple loading screen once again. I'm running my computer on windows bootcamp right now and it is working fine.

Thanks so much, any input would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Try booting the MBP with your OSX install DVD in, go to Utilities > Disk Utility, click the first aid tab and do a repair disk and a repair disk permissions.
This should HOPEFULLY sort the problem for you.

- Simon

OP
E

EZE

Reaction score
I'm at college right now and don't have immediate access to the OSX install DVD. Is there anything else I can do or do I need the dvd?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Try these...

Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

p.s for the "SMC" reset basically means turn off the machine, unplug and take out the battery, hold the power button for 10 seconds, re-insert battery and plug back in and try turning it back on.
Do all the suggestions though SMC, PRAM and NVRAM resets
If these don't work then you are probably gonna need those OSX disks.
- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.